Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Birthday Dreams ... Princess Cupcakes

I made these princess cupcakes the day before I had to leave on my Canada trip for Birthday Dreams (a great charity that brings birthday's to homeless kids).  This was BEFORE I learned my new favorite trick to make the Candy Clay.  I used fondant, what I was trying to make was actual crowns that stood up on the cupcakes.  WELL they started to crack and look like crap so I went with plan B and made them flat and look like castle's.  They are not one of my favorite cakes I've done but they did make a little girl smile.


What you Need:
Cupcakes
Frosting
Fondant
Pink Food Coloring
Pearl decorating balls

I used my Sturdy Buttercream Frosting tinted purple with some fresh blueberries in there to go with the blueberry cupcakes I made.  

I made pink fondant using the rolled buttercream fondant.  To make the peaks I used my star cutter point  I then made 4 point castles.  I added a pearl decorating ball on each point. When I added the cupcakes to the box they needed a little something special so I sprinkled some pearls ontop of the cupcake.

Cole even got into the helping mode with me!



Thanks for stopping by

Don't forget to see the parties I link up to HERE.

19 comments:

  1. Candy clay that's a great idea, can you use cookies cutters? I'm thinking of Christmas ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Clay worked AWESOME with the candy clay. I used it to make the footballs in previous post. I can't wait to make it with more cutters.

      Delete
  2. Perfect for all the little princesses out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these! Yummy and creative! Thank you for the sweet comments that you left on my blog, I accidently erased them before I had a chance to respond! Thanks so much!
    Cathy@ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as the kids are happy :) and they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cupcakes fit for a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes turned out so cute! Any little princess would love them! Thanks for sharing this at Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww these are so fantastic! Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what pretty princess cupcakes! you always come up with such fun ways to make parties special! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday last week! You are very much appreciated! Hope to see you again tonight!

    http://3glol.net/2014/09/08/teach-tuesday-20/

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Commments welcome, helps me know the people in the wall really do exsist!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thank You to My Wonderful Sponsors!!!

1800flowers
Baby Pop
BzzAgent
cafe Press
CSN
Easy Lunch Boxes
Faith Words
Glasses USA
Great Wolf Lodge
Hachette
Jump Start
My Baby Clothes Boutique
My Blog Spark
Ouchies
Pleasures.com
red envelope
She Speaks

tote bags
Strap Doctor
You Can Make This

Total Pageviews

Awards I've been Given! You Really Love Me!! (Yes my best Oscar Speech)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
friendhip2 from Anissa
passoinate-blogger-award (Heidi @ Tried & True Cooking)
You're a Superstar Blogger
you-dont-say-post - Kristie Notes
Annisa (Over the top)
Jessica Mommy Needs Coffee (Lovely)
Annissa (Queen Award)
Your Blog is Fabulous
Best Comedic Performance
Splash Award
Best Blog Award
Dragon's Loyalty Award
Photobucket
The Heartfelt Award
Daffy Commenter Award
 
Pin It button on image hover